How to hardwire an Orangutan SV-328 to always be on?

How to hardwire an SV-328 to always be on powered on???

Does anyone know how to hardwire the orangutan to always be on, i.e. whenever power is supplied to the microcontroller it will turn on without pressing the power pushbutton?

Hello.

If you want to use the power input terminal blocks and reverse protection, you have to bypass the power MOSFET used in the switch circuit. It’s the 8-pin part almost directly above the power switch (the reverse protection MOSFET is just to the right of it). You can see that the three pins on the bottom left side (pins 1-3) are all connected and that the four pins on the top side (pins 5-8) are all connected. To bypass the MOSFET, solder a wire from the set of three pins to the set of four pins.

An alternative is to use one of the VBAT access points on the board. The possible downsides are you won’t get the reverse protection and terminal block use.

- Jan

Does this work the same for the Orangutan LV-168?

Yes.

- Jan

I am trying to bypass the start push botton on the LV-168. I have seen an answer related related to the SV-328. But I am not sure about the description on how to do it. The instruction says that you must connect a jumper in the switch circuit to bypass the reverse protection MOSFET. But I am not sure about what 8-pin device they are refering to. Looking from the bottom of the board, is it that are by the powrer botton and appear to have 5 pins on the Top and 6 on the bottom (3 on the left and 3 on the right)? I know that the device have 8 pins but I am just trying to get the correct location.

Hi Jan
Could you please clarify this for me?

Hello, Antonso.

Can you please tell us what you do not understand from Jan’s post above?

- Ryan

Hello, Antonso.

Oops, I missed your earlier post.

When you say “pins” on the bottom, do you mean vias? There’s no reason to look at the bottom of the board, the MOSFET you need to bypass is the one directly above the power button.

- Ryan

I am not sure of the location. I have drawn the location and the short on the bottom of the LV-168 and atteched it. Could you please verify that that is the correct location and short?
Bypass.docx (403 KB)

Hello.

Those holes you circled in blue on the board are called vias not pins. Shorting across those two vias will work.

- Ryan

I understand that those are vias but that is the right location correct? I could make the connection on IC itself (Top) for a better connection. And it shouuldn’t be too hard since those pins are already shorted in each side of the IC, right?

That is the right location. It’s probably easier to do it on the top.

- Ryan

Thank you very much!!!