How to connnect Raspberry pi to zumo 32u4?

Hello

So i recently just bought the zumo 32u4 robot, but i am having issues with finding guides on connecting it with the raspberry pi. Now i know that the robot is compatible with Arduino but I’ve been using python for quite a while now and i would love to know if there is any way i can hook up the raspberry pi 3 to it so i can use python instead since i am more used to it.

Do i need any extra parts? does anyone know any videos? i looked everywhere and i couldn’t find anything.
If there is anyone out there that can help me i would highly appreciate it.
Thank you.

Hello.

It should be possible to control a Zumo 32U4 Robot from a Raspberry Pi, but the most straight forward way to do so would probably still involve creating a bunch of Arduino code that listens for commands from the Raspberry Pi and controls the hardware on the Zumo 32U4 appropriately.

You can find an example project with code where a Raspberry Pi board is used to control an Atmel 32U4 microcontroller board (our A-Star 32U4 Robot Controller) with some hardware peripherals in the Building a Raspberry Pi robot with the A-Star 32U4 Robot Controller post on our blog. The A-Star 32U4 Robot Controller has fewer hardware peripherals than the Zumo 32U4, so additional Arduino code would be needed to access additional peripherals like the sensors on the Zumo.

-Nathan

1 Like

I have a link to a product I used on a zumo for arduino board.

1 Like

https://www.dexterindustries.com/arduberry/

1 Like

You Can use vnc viewer to change programs or what have you. Using a tablet phone or a laptop its cool set up.

1 Like

That ink is very helpful thank you so much