How to compile C code and download the code to Maestro board?

Hello,

I’m using Maestro board to control a single motor, with the code ‘MaestroSerialExampleCWindows.zip’, but I got a question:
how to compile the code with MinGW and download the code to the board?

Thank you if anyone could answer this question.

– Lisheng

Hello, Lisheng.

The code in MaestroSerialExampleCWindows.zip is meant to be compiled and executed on a computer running Microsoft Windows. The computer would be connected to the Maestro via USB.

We do not support loading C code onto the Maestro. If you want to program the Maestro itself, you can use the Maestro scripting language, which is documented in the user’s guide.

We also sell several development boards. Most of these boards can be programmed in C or C++ and can send commands to the Maestro via TTL serial.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

–David

Hello, David
Thank you very much for your reply.

still, I am not sure how to let the Maestro board run when I disconnect the board with the PC.

I can keep the board connected with a PC when sending commands, but how to save these commands onto the Maestro board?

and, how to save a script to a Maestro board, so that when we disconnect the PC, the Maestro board can run automatically ?

You can use the Maestro scripting language, which is documented in the “The Maestro Scripting Language” section of the user’s guide. Maestro scripts are stored on the Maestro itself when you click the “Apply settings” button, and your script will automatically run whenever the Maestro starts up if you check the “Run script on startup” checkbox.

–David

Thank you David.
“The Maestro Scripting Language” looks fine.

But is there a solution that I can write and compile C code to Maestro board and then disconnect the PC and board, the board runs the commands automatically without connecting to the PC?

Looking forward …

No. We do not support loading C code onto the Maestro.