How do I wire up S9V11MACMA to power FPV goggles?

Hi,

I’d just bought a S9V11MACMA step up/down regulator to power my FPV goggles but seem to be missing something in my connections. I am powering the goggles with 2S Lipo batteries. I wired up the batteries to VIN and GND and connected my output plug positive to VOUT and negative to same GND pad. My question is do I need to use EN and PG pads on the regulator to make it work in this instance? If so, what needs to be connected to these pads?

Thanks
Peter

Hello, Peter.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your regulator. The EN (Enable) and PG (Power good) pins are optional to use and are described on the product page for the S9V11MACMA.

What are the output and cutoff voltages set to? Could you measure the voltage across the VIN and VOUT pins when the load is disconnected?

-Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I hooked up a second unit that I bought at the same time which worked just fine. Simple wiring, battery +/- to VIN and GND. Was able to adjust VOUT and Low Voltage Cut-off using the potentiometer.

On the first unit that I was having trouble with, I had found out my son, trying to help me solder while I rested my aging eyes, erroneously soldered the battery GND to the EN pin with the VIN connected to the battery positive. Is the first board toast? It got about 7V from the 2S battery…

Thanks
Peter

Just revived the regulator out of its sleep mode I think. Vaguely remembered there was mention of a sleep mode in the instructions, went back over the section on the EN pin. So it seems that must have put the regulator to sleep when the negative lead from the battery was connected by accident. Re-enabled the regulator by touching the positive lead from battery to EN, while the negative lead is connected to GND on the regulator.

Hello.

I am glad you have resolved the issue and got your regulator working! Thank you for letting us know.

-Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Last question, is the regulator always turned on even if the output side’s on/off switch is in the off position but with the battery still connected to the input side of the regulator?

Thanks
Peter

Hello, Peter.

The lack of a load will not turn off the regulator; however, the regulator’s quiescent current is less than 1 mA while enabled.

-Patrick