How can I rescue my script?

So I need your help Forum.

I created a script YEARS ago on another laptop, a long, detailed script which runs a program that activates servos and sound effects when a set of buttons are pressed (different buttons activate different servo actions and different sound effects). The script includes precise timings for all of the servos to move with the sound effects. I plugged my Maestro into my current laptop and get this message:

The current script for this device could not be found. This could be because it was programmed on another computer. When you click the ‘Apply settings to device’ button, the script currently in the device will be replaced. To avoid this problem, save a settings file on the other computer.

I need to copy the script so I can make modifications to it but I don’t want to lose it. It took weeks to write the script originally. How can I get it back?

Thanks so much!

• Carlo

Hello.

I moved your post to the “Servo controllers and servos” section of the forum since it is about the Maestro.

The Maestro Control Center software saves the last script and other settings for the Maestro in the system registry of the computer you used to program it. Unfortunately, you cannot retrieve the script from a Maestro on a different computer.

If you want to safeguard your scripts in the future, you can save a copy of the Maestro settings file and keep it somewhere safe (e.g. cloud storage or a flash drive). You can save a copy of your setting file from the “File” drop-down menu of the Maestro Control Center software while the controller is connected. You can use that file to load the settings onto the Maestro from any computer using the “Open settings file…” option in the “File” drop-down menu of the Maestro Control Center.

Brandon