How can I make the the controller to de-energize my motor automaticaly?

I would like to de-energyze my motor automatically after the position command i sent him is done and he reached the target position. How can I do that?
I saw tried to use the timeout command error to de energize after 0.5 sec when it took me 0.3 sec to finish moving but nothing happend, even though I checked the De-Energize box in the soft error respons options.
Any help would be apreciated.

Hello.

The Tic does not currently have support for automatically de-energizing the stepper motor when it reaches the target position. The command timeout feature will cause a soft error response when the Tic has not received specific commands within the configured time. You did not mention how you were controlling the Tic, but since the command timeout is not happening I suspect you are using the Tic Control Center. The Tic Control Center continuously sends commands to keep the Tic form timing out during normal use; the intention of that feature is to cause an error if the communication gets interrupted somehow.

If you are using the Tic Control Center, you can use the “De-energize” button to de-energize the stepper motor. Otherwise, if you’re using one of the other interfaces (i.e. writing your own code for controlling it via I2C, TTL serial, or USB), you could use the “Get variable” command to read the current position and send a “De-energize” command if it is equal to the target position.

Brandon

Dear Brandon,

Thank you for the answer.

I thought on a simple solution to my issue please tell me if it will work the way I think:

If I send a command using “ticcmd” as follows:" ticcmd --resume --position 10 –deenergize" .

It will energize the motor right after it will go to position target 10 and when it’s done it will deenergize?

Thank you in advance again for your help.

Best regards,

Idan

image003.jpg

The set target position command (i.e. --position NUM) is not blocking, so if you send that string of commands, the de-energize command will interrupt the set target position command before it reaches the target position.

If you’re writing your own program using ticcmd, one way to do something like that would be to use a while loop to wait until the current position variable matches the target position before sending the de-energize command.

Brandon

Dear Brandon,

Thank you for your answers. I got it now.

Best regards,

Idan

image003.jpg