Hover Board! Upgrades needed

So we had some fun at the shop building a robotic slider/hoverboard operated by a dc motor and pulley system. Instead of feeling like Michael J Fox in Back to the Future II, we ran out of road a little to early. :smiley:

I’d like to look to our local geniuses and ask what would be the best way to move from the spektrum dx8 RC system to an official analog joystick and arduino mega board with ramping and a gyroscope to tell which way to slide the hoverboard. Keep building! :bulb:

Instagram Video for Concept
instagram.com/p/BC6enYrmal3/

Hello.

That sounds like a fun project. Since your post is less of a detailed write-up of your motor and pulley system, and more of a general query about what products to use to motorize and stabilize that system, I moved it to the General Robotics Discussion sub-forum, which is a more appropriate place for asking those types of questions.

It sounds like you might not have a motor driver or motor controller in the system you described. If that is the case, and you tell me more about your motor, like its stall current and operating voltage, I might be able to recommend an appropriate motor driver. In general, you can control our motor drivers directly from programmable controllers like the Arduino Mega, which can also read analog voltages from joysticks.

You can find all of the inertial sensors we carry, including gyroscopes, here.

-Jon

[quote=“snowman”]So we had some fun at the shop building a robotic slider/hoverboard operated by a dc motor and pulley system. Instead of feeling like Michael J Fox in Back to the Future II, we ran out of road a little to early. :smiley:

I’d like to look to our local geniuses and ask what would be the best way to move from the spektrum dx8 RC system to an official analog joystick and arduino mega board with ramping and a gyroscope to tell which way to slide the hoverboard. Keep building! :bulb:

Instagram Video for Concept
instagram.com/p/BC6enYrmal3/[/quote]

I like the look of it so far, the glide seems smooth and won’t mess up the shot. (Nice camera as well by the way). Thanks for the share, happy filming! looking forward to seeing further improvements you make! Cheers!