Help Using a Clippard Mouse Solenoid with an Orangutan 324

So the basic gist of it is that I’m planning on using a Clippard Mouse Solenoid Valve in conjunction with my Pololu orangutan SVP-324, and I had a few concerns about power/getting it to work, and they are as follow

The Solenoid valve requires a 6V input to work at .67 watts, and I want to be able to control it with a single I/O port on my orangutan. How would I go about doing this? I can’t really use either of the 2 motor controllers built in, since they are going to be driving motors (go figure, right?) so I need a way to do this through a single I/O. I was looking at this tutorial (arduino.cc/playground/Learning/SolenoidTutorial) for arduino, since the two are similar, but I couldn’t really make sense of it.

Could I get a better explanation on this please?

Thanks

Hi.

What part of the tutorial are you having trouble making sense of?

- Ryan

I was having trouble figuring out what was the bare minimum parts/wiring that I would need, and I couldn’t tell from the diagram. Also, I didn’t quite understand how the board ‘triggered’ the solenoid.

Maybe a more simplified diagram would help, perhaps with links to the parts/transistors/diodes that go with the diagram

Here is a simpler schematic:

Figuring out exactly what parts you need is beyond the scope of the support I can provide. Some things to consider is that your MOSFET needs to be able to be turned on by the 5V signal of the SVP’s AVR and needs to be able to handle the current through the solenoid.

- Ryan