Help, Micro Maestro 6 C++ Linux, integrating the dll files

Hello,
I have had the Micro Maestro 6 for a while now and have had a lot of fun using the Maestro Control Center but I am wanting to write my own programs.

In windows, I can get the Visual C++ examples to work because I assume the dll files are attached somewhere. I would say I am an intermediate c++ programmer and am currently working on a system with the Linux OS CrunchBang and the editor CodeBlocks. The only reason i am using Linux is I was unable to get the OpenCV library to work on windows properly.

I am having trouble figuring out how to access the functions in the dll files, preferably using CodeBlocks, but any reference website or tutorial would be extremely helpful as i have been unable to figure it out with a Google search.

From searching Google and experience in installing OpenCV I know CodeBlocks can link .lib and .dll.a files but not regular dll files. I am not sure if this is on the correct path of doing this though. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello. The DLL files that come with the Maestro Control Center and the Pololu USB SDK are actually .NET assemblies; they are not regular DLLs. You will probably need to use some kind of .NET programming environment to access them. Does Code::Blocks let you do .NET stuff? Since you are in Linux, you could look into using Mono. Alternatively, you could just talk to the Maestro through libusb 1.0. The code for doing that can be pretty short depending on what you want to do. Here is some example code written by another customer:

–David

Thank you, this code is exactly what I was looking for!