Help me understand how to use wixel with arduino [SOLVED]

I have been trying unsuccessfully to connect my arduino wirelessly via Bluetooth.
The arduino device needs to be pretty reliable so I am giving up on Bluetooth and looking for another option.

I have an arduino collecting data and sending it serially through a USB cable to a pc where a processing sketch receives it and then takes over.

The wired USB connection is what I need to replace.
Can it be done with two wixels?
Seems like one at the arduino end and another at the pc end would work but I am new to wixels and have no idea what I need to do to get there.

The arduino end uses serial transmission through the RX/TX pins and is supplied 3.7v through a small lipo battery. The pc end is getting data through the com port.

I’ve been working with arduinos and processing for a few years but this is the first time ive needed to do something wireless… Its proving to be a big learning curve… hope you can help

The go-to solution for “serial cable replacement” is Xbee version 1 modules. These look a lot like old-school phone modems from the serial point of view ("+++" will turn them into command mode) and use the 2.4 GHz spectrum for transmission. The “Pro” models (60 mW power) will transmit for a hundred meters through some number of walls. The cheaper 1 mW model will still work well in reasonable indoors or line-of-sight situations.

I be heard that but my problem is that the xbee is almost a square block and I don’t have space wor the width. The shape of the wixel ill actually barely work within the enclosure… I don’t have the option of growing the devices footprint.
Do you think the wixel is a good alternate to the xbee??

The Wixel would work… but first you need a level shifter to go between the Wixel’s 3.3V logic and the Arduino’s 5V logic. Then you’d hook up 5V (to provide power to the Wixel), Ground, TX, and RX, and use the Wireless Serial app for the Wixel. It’s plug and play. Range will probably be less than with xBees (I’ve not actually compared the two).

You say you’ve played with the Arduino for a year, so I’ll assume you understand the UART pins on an Arduino and how to use them in software…

I’m actually using a 3v arduino for this so it should be good…
I only need max 5 ft range so that’s not an issue either…
Sounds good do far ill get one set ordered!