Hardware

hi…

am confused about two little things

am thinking to construct a micro mouse using the 3pi robot. rt now i bought a 3pi robot and have set of 42x19 wheels. problem is that the wheels are not directly fit on the chasis.now the 3pi having a small wheel.but when try connecting to the 30:1 metal gear motor the wheels are bigger in size.

what should i do. need to buy another chasis rrc04a.but i searched about it also

there is no components soldered in it , as am nt good in hardware whish is de easy methord to fit a 42x19 motor wheel. can anyone help me dere???

jit

Hello,

Unfortunately, the 3pi is not compatible with the 42x19 wheels. Are you trying to add encoders to your 3pi? Our encoders and 42x19 wheels are compatible with the rrc04a chassis. If you used the rrc04a with one of our Orangutan robot controllers, a lot of the hardware would be handled for you. You would be responsible for connecting the encoders, the motors, the batteries, and any other additional sensors you wanted.

You might check out another customer on the forum who is trying to make a micro-mouse-like 3pi using distance sensors instead of encoders.

- Ryan

hi, ryan

i read the topic already, before i send the previous post, since have studied well about the micro mouse accuracy and speed must be the most needed things for the best solving of maze.by giving a time delay it may be vary according to many aspects, that’s y i think about getting an encoder for my 3pi robot
have done the part of distance sensor and motor control in a bread board using the controller atmega368p.the output already checked OK. using another development board
more over altering the beautiful 3pi robot is a great effort and wanna be like a sadist to alter the hardware, since am nt much pretty good in hardware alteration.
any way i nid to full fill my project,even its more difficult i will think about making move according to the precise time. am not using the wall follower program. im thinking about flood fill algorithm.can u help me in any way to have a nice code for the flood fill maze solve algorithm,me shy to ask u this since your development is not in this area.
thanks for the reply,
jit

This might be helpful to you: Ben posted some information and code about a 3pi looped-maze solver that uses a flood-fill algorithm.

- Ryan

its always nice to talk with cool young and awsome people like u…thanks for the reply.i will inform you the future improvements. pololu is cool.its nice to share topics here.cuz you people are responsible of yopur customers

hi
can i use the routines for maze solving from the below link . and please guide which

algorithm used there?

ty

Yes, you can use the code. It uses a flood fill approach where it explores the entire maze during the learning run. The post has details about the maze it was used on.

- Ryan

Hello.

My program is based on Dijkstra’s algorithm. If you have questions on it, please feel free to post them, but note that it’s been a while since I wrote it.

- Ben

hi

i studied flood fill well for last month. im capable of running a simulator with my code. what am askin u is dat can i make a simulator with the same code dat given by you? some graphics are with me. i just want to use the algorithm.

what should i do?

can u simply look at the code?
and tell me how to use the routines ? or should i need to use the entire code?

The program I posted is a complete, working program that will turn a 3pi into a looped-maze solver (at least on a very specific kind of course). I tried to abstract a lot of the code, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you could use at least some of the functions as is in a simulator. However, actually writing that simulator would be up to you, and the way you ask your questions makes me think you might not have the necessary experience to do something like that. I am willing to try to answer very specific questions about parts of the program you don’t understand, but I cannot write an extensive piece of software for you or give you detailed instructions on how to do so yourself. Basically, if what you’re asking of me is going to take more than a few minutes for me to figure out and write up, I probably won’t have time to give you the answer you want, especially if the result is something that is very specific and hence unlikely to be useful to a wider audience.

- Ben

hello,

yup , Ur write. Wat happened is that i have a big better idea of flood fill algorithm. i studied the subject for last 2 months well. but when turn to Dijkstra algo. am zero.and am an electronic stud. dats y nt familiar with those .any way i have the confidence to full fill my project ,with 3 pi exploring the entire wall mazes.

am sorry for asking so many simple questions. and don’t answer my questions if its not worthy to be answered, else give me some directions. i am knowing the situation of “creative engineers” like you and Ryan and other team mates

any way i will go through the code given by you ,i will study the Dijkstra first,better then i can understand the code first.

thank you for the time

with regards,

jit