Getting started?

Hi Guys

Just trying to get going with the 3pi.

When I try to build the simple-test I get this error.

Build started 23.3.2010 at 20:51:13
avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega328p -Wl,-gc-sections -Wl,-Map=test.map test.o -lpololu_atmega328p -o test.elf
c:/winavr-20100110/bin/…/lib/gcc/avr/4.3.3/…/…/…/…/avr/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lpololu_atmega328p
make: *** [test.elf] Error 1
Build failed with 1 errors and 0 warnings…

I think I have path problems? I aslo get:

Loaded partfile: C:\Program Files\Atmel\AVR Tools\PartDescriptionFiles
Error Code: -2147467259:

I’m a raw beginner and not having much luck.

Hello,

What version of Windows are you using? It sounds mostly like you have not installed the library.

-Paul

I’m using XP Pro on my school notebook.

I’ll check out the library installation now. Thanks for the advice.

All ok now thanks Paul

Hello, I am running 3pi-serial-slave project (3pi-serial-slave.aps) from the libpololu-avr-101104 and I am getting the same error posted here before:

c:/winavr-20100110/bin/…/lib/gcc/avr/4.3.3/…/…/…/…/avr/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lpololu_atmega328p

My OS is Win 7 x64. Can anybody help me to move on?

Here my build list:

rm -rf slave.o  slave.elf dep/* slave.hex slave.eep slave.lss slave.map
Build succeeded with 0 Warnings...
avr-gcc -I"C:\Users\Wilfredo\Downloads\libpololu-avr-101104\libpololu-avr\examples\atmega328p\3pi-serial-slave\."  -mmcu=atmega328p -Wall -gdwarf-2 -std=gnu99 -Os -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -MD -MP -MT slave.o -MF dep/slave.o.d  -c  ../slave.c

In file included from ../3pi.h:31,
                 from ../slave.c:1:
../lcd.h:32: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored
avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega328p -Wl,-gc-sections -Wl,-Map=slave.map slave.o    -lpololu_atmega328p  -o slave.elf
c:/winavr-20100110/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.3/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lpololu_atmega328p
make: *** [slave.elf] Error 1
Build failed with 1 errors and 1 warnings...

Thank you.
Wilfredo

Hi Wilfredo,

Have you installed either the Pololu AVR Development Bundle for Windows, or the Pololu AVR Library for Windows? They are available here.

Geoff

Hello Geof.
I just followed your recommendation and after downloading the latest library (libpololu-avr-120711) the error disappeared. Thank you very much.