F-35 rc plane

hi iam a total newbie who needs advice on using rc servos &a servo control pcb to control roll vents separately by a gyro under the wings,many thanks

Hello.

We do not make anything that specifically does that. If you are interested in building such a system yourself, we make several different gyroscopic sensors which might be able to be used with a general purpose microcontroller like our Arduino compatible A-Star Micro to control some servos.

-Nathan

thats great advice thankyou,i will check them out,i can use rc hobby gyroscopes no problem but they move the servos both directions +&-, i was wondering if your rc servo controller could be programmed so each servo could only move + by the gyro,many thanks i apologise for being a newbie

When you say “rc servo controller”, it sounds like you might be talking about our Maestro Servo Controllers. There is no straightforward way to interface those with any of the gyros we currently carry.

It is unclear to me what you mean when you say “move the servos both directions +&-” and “each servo could only move + by the gyro”. The Arduino platform I mentioned in my last response is a type of programmable microcontroller. This means that you can decide specifically how you want your servo to respond to your gyroscope data and then write your own code that governs that response. You might look more at some code examples like the Simple Servo Control tutorial on the Arduino page and our L3G Arduino library gyro examples to see more about how devices like servos and our gyroscope sensors are used in the Arduino IDE.

-Nathan

Thankyou again for your time,yes i think your Maestro controller will be ok,sorry if i didnt explain properly,hope this helps,when the planes wing goes high,the valve,will start to close with the servo as in the photo and the opposite wing valve will stay open,when the plane is level ,both valves will be open,i will also look at L3G Arduino library,thankyou for your advice

As I mentioned in my last reply, the Maestro cannot read data from any of the gyroscopes we carry. For that, you would need something like a programmable microcontroller that can communicate over the I2C interface. If you want to use the Maestro in your sytem, we recommend you look through the Maestro User’s Guide (which is linked to on the “Resources” tab of its product page) to see more about how it works.

-Nathan