Extension wire for item #3675, gearmotor + encoder for RomiTI-RSLK MAX

I’ve been working on a project with the Romi robot kit, and one of the things I’m attempting to do is use the given gearmotors in a place where they cannot be directly plugged into the board. I’ve been doing some research into cables that could be used to do this and got down to these wires, but I’m not 100% confident they are correct as I do not have much experience with electronics. I was wondering if anyone could either confirm if these cables should work, or point me in the direction of a better option.

The wires you linked to have a 2mm pitch (i.e. distance between the pins) and the #3675 gearmotor and encoder module uses a 0.1" (2.54mm) pitch, so they will not work together.

The connections for that gearmotor and encoder on the TI-RSLK MAX are low-profile headers, but our Premium Jumper Wires would probably still work okay with them. The male side would not push fully down into the connector on the control board, but you could trim the pins down to the right size. An alternative solution could be to get some low-profile 0.1" pitch headers and solder wires to them to make your own cables.

Brandon

1 Like

I’ll order some of the jumper cables then, and either figure out how to trim them down, or just leave them stuck out a little bit. On the page of the part, it mentions having 2mm-pitch male headers, which is where my confusion came from with the pitch.

That mention of a 2mm-pitch on the #3675 product page was a typo; I am sorry for the confusion it caused. We have now corrected it. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Brandon

1 Like