Errors compiling Zumoshield libraries in Arduino Create

Hi there,

I’m trying to use the Zumoshield code in Arduino Create Web editor, but no luck. The error message is as follows:

./opt/arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -hardware opt/arduino-builder/hardware -hardware ./opt/cores -tools opt/arduino-builder/tools -tools ./opt/tools -built-in-libraries opt/libraries/latest -logger humantags -fqbn arduino:avr:uno -build-cache /tmp -build-path /tmp/302396312/build -verbose -prefs runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=./opt/tools/avr-gcc/5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2 -prefs runtime.tools.avrdude.path=./opt/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino14 -prefs runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=./opt/tools/arduinoOTA/1.2.1 -libraries /tmp/302396312/custom -libraries /tmp/302396312/pinned /tmp/302396312/sketch_oct31a

Multiple libraries were found for "ZumoMotors.h"

Used: /tmp/302396312/custom/zumo-shield-arduino-library

Not used: /home/ubuntu/opt/libraries/latest/zumoshield_2_0_0

Using library zumo-shield-arduino-library at version 2.0.0 in folder: /tmp/302396312/custom/zumo-shield-arduino-library

Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: /home/ubuntu/opt/cores/arduino/avr/libraries/Wire

lto1: fatal error: bytecode stream generated with LTO version 3.0 instead of the expected 4.1

compilation terminated.

lto-wrapper: fatal error: ./opt/tools/avr-gcc/5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status

compilation terminated.

/home/ubuntu/opt/tools/avr-gcc/5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/5.4.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld: error: lto-wrapper failed

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

Any hints on what is going wrong or what I could do to fix this?

Hello.

We have not used Arduino Create, but I was able to do a simple search on the Internet and found a few recent threads on the Arduino forum about getting a similar error message (like this thread). Are you still getting the same errors? Do you get the same results using the Desktop version of the Arduino IDE?

- Amanda

Yes, same error. It works fine in the Arduino IDE on my desktop, so I assume it’s something with the version of things running behind Arduino Create. Was hoping there was something simple I could do to fix it.

Huh, looked at the thread you linked @AmandaS and it looks like it was indeed a bug on the Create side, and that it’s been fixed. I just attempted recompiling again, and it seems to work now!

1 Like