ERROR Message

for any program I try to run i am getting an error that says:
gcc plug-in: Output directory C:\Documents and Settings\tony\Desktop\libpololu-avr\examples\atmega168\buzzer2\default\ does not exist
gcc plug-in: Created directory C:\Documents and Settings\tony\Desktop\libpololu-avr\examples\atmega168\buzzer2\default\

What may be wrong here? I cannot generate h files even using the examples provided.

That does not look like an error. Can you tell us exactly what you did and also post the entire output from WinAVR’s compilation window? Also, why are you talking about generating .h files?

I fixed this problem. I had multiple versions of WinAVAR 2008, 2010010 etc. I removed everything and reinstalled. It seems to work now. The .h file is the file you download to the programer as far as I know. If you cannot compile it will not be generated and you cannot program

I am glad you got it working! Anyway, the file you program onto your robot is an Intel HEX file, which usually has the extension .hex. The extension .h is used for C header files, the files that you incorporate into your program with #include.

-Paul

You right, I meant .hex. Thanks