Drivers not installing

Hi,

I am trying to install the maestro drivers in a windows 7 laptop.

Setup appears to run fine, however, when I look at the device manager, I have yellow exclamation marks beside all three devices and when I click on them it says the drivers are not installed.

I have installed and reinstalled the drivers, rebooting in between… no difference. At no time was I asked to choose between 32 or 64 bit.

Any thoughts in this?

Thanks
Phil

Did you get a warning message like this during the installation? You should have seen it twice the first time you ran the installer:

Please try unplugging the Maestro and plugging it back in after the drivers have been installed.

Please try right-clicking on one of those devices, select “Update Driver Software”, and then enter the path of the directory that contains the installed .inf files (e.g. “C:\Program Files (x86)\Pololu\Maestro\drivers” ). If you get an error message, please tell us exactly what it is.

–David

Hi David,

thanks for the quick response.

Did as you suggested and got an error… see attached pix.

David,

I should have mentioned, yes, I did get the ‘can’t verify publisher’ message, twice and I clicked install anyway.

I have attempted to install the drivers with and without the device plugged in. Same result.

Phil

The “Windows could not find driver software for your device” message usually means the IDs of your device don’t match any of the IDs listed in the inf file. In the Device Manager, could you please double-click on “Pololu Micro Maestro 6-Servo Controller”, go to the Details tab, and tell us what the Hardware Ids are?

–David

Here you go:

USB\VID_1FFB&PID_009F&REV_0102&MI_04
USB\VID_1FFB&PID_009F&MI_04

That product ID is for a custom version of the Maestro. Can you confirm that you got it as part of some other product from a different company?

–David

Hi David,

yes it is. I guess that is the issue.

Thanks
Phil