Driver for Glideforce LACT6P Linear Actuator

Hello,

I have a couple of the Glideforce LACT6P-12V-05 Light-Duty Linear Actuator with Feedback: 25kgf, 6" Stroke (5.9" Usable), 1.7"/s, 12V.

Can I use the TIC controller to drive this? What desktop (linux, osx) to serial controller and software can i use for this?

Sincerely,
Jon Farhat

Answered my own question.

j.

Hello, Jon.

The Glideforce linear actuators use brushed DC motors, not stepper motors, so you cannot use a Tic to control them. However, you can use one of our Jrk G2 motor controllers to control your actuator with feedback. In fact, the product pages for each of our Glideforce linear actuators include a section in the product description that goes over how to use it with a Jrk G2. For the actuator you linked to, we recommend the Jrk G2 21v3, or the more powerful Jrk G2 24v13.

We have software to configure and use the Jrk G2 with Windows, Linux, and macOS. You can check out the Jrk G2 user’s guide for more information.

- Patrick

Hi Patrick Thank you for your time.

I also purchased a couple of the Glideforce actuators and the JRK controller. I made a post concerning this question… here. So as not to duplicate.

I don’t see any examples of CLI USB control for the commands listed in the help.

What is target-relative? Not documented. How to move forward and back from any position? I can’t find the answers in the docs.

I appreciate your help please.

j.

Controlling Glideforce w/feedback (6”) and JRK G3v3 CLI

Hello.

I have posted a response to your other thread. If you have additional questions, we can continue the discussion there.

Brandon