DLL | CANape | CASL |

Hi everyone,

for a project I would like to control a stepper motor with CANape 14, this is software from the company VECTOR (- Installation of CANape 14 Service Pack 5 - Knowledge Portal).
CANape has its own programming language, which is called CASL, it very similar to C programming. The control should be done with a microcontroller pololu Tic T500 USB Multi-Interface with USB interface (Pololu - Tic T500 USB Multi-Interface Stepper Motor Controller).
According to my research, this should actually work by using the installed drivers as well as the Pololu SDK, it should be possible to write a CANape C-Function DLL, which can then also be controlled via panel from CANape.
I have already created a DLL with Visual Studio but unfortunately, it didn’t work with CANape 14.
do u have any Idea to control this motor in another way? or If u can help to make this DLL works on CANape.

Operating System: Windows 10
CANape version 14
Pololu Tic T500

Thank you a lot
Best regards
Junior

Hello, Junior.

We are not familiar with that software, so we cannot offer any specific suggestions, but you might see if that software is capable of running an external command-line utility. If it is, you should be able to run ticcmd to control the Tic.

Brandon