Design my new robot

Hi,

I saw this robot at : letsmakerobots.com/node/14156?s=l and decided that I wanted to make a robot based on the 6 WD chassis. I have never done anything in robotics so I am pretty clueless about where to start. I was thinking of using the Polou Dual VNH3SP30 Motor Driver to drive the wheels, but I don’t really know where to start. What I would like to eventially do is control this robot remotely with my computer and have some kind of wi fi camera installed so I can see remotely. I believe it would be better for me to start small and maybe just try to control it with an RC transmitter. I have never had one so I don’t know what to get. I have seen RC transmitter/receivers at Ebay but don’t know what to get. Could I get some guidance to get started. I figure that the motor controller would come first, but I don’t know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David

Hello,

We don’t have much to offer here in the typical RC sense, so you might be better served looking at traditional hobby stores. One item to consider is our TReX dual motor controller, which you could use with the RC system at first and then with an embedded electronics system later.

- Jan

ESC.320A Brushed or bushless Digital Speed Controller W/Reverse US
cgi.ebay.com/ESC-80A-brushed-ESC … 2ead17a596

i am using one for right and left and usb servo controller

If it’s of any use to you I controlled an rc car from my laptop using a velleman k8055, the car was just controlled using a little program but if you had a wireless camera then you could surely hook that up and use them together to control your robot. Heres a link to my little project ozirock.webs.com/rccar.htm hope you find it helpful.

By the way that six wheeled frame looked like a great base for a robot, lots of space and lots of power, you can’t go wrong.