Delta robot from begining

Hi, since this is my first topic sorry if it,s not in proper category.
I plan to make a delta robot. I’ve already purchased three stepper motors JK57HS56-2504 (1.1 Nm; 3.25V; 2,5). I’m new to this kind of things and I search on internet for any helpful info. What drivers should I buy in order to connect 3 stepper motors with raspberry and how to do so?. I thought about buying Pololu - TB67S279FTG Stepper Motor Driver Carrier - Full Breakout
I’m not sure, should I buy one driver per one stepper motor?
I plan to buy raspberry 4 for this project.
Would you like to advice me what more is needed?

Hello.

All of our stepper motor drivers can independently control a single stepper motor, so you would need one for each of your 3 stepper motors. However, that TB67S279FTG driver carrier can handle around 1.2A per phase continuously (without additional cooling), so it is not appropriate for driving a stepper motor that’s rated for 2.5A per phase like the one you mentioned.

The only stepper motor driver we carry that can handle that kind of current without additional cooling is our High-Power Stepper Motor Driver 36v4. Please note that unlike many of our other stepper motor drivers, the High-Power Stepper Motor Driver 36v4 needs to be configured via SPI each time it is powered up. We do not have any specific examples for using these stepper motor drivers with a Raspberry Pi, but it is possible. Generating step signals for multiple stepper motors at the same time might be tricky and the Raspberry Pi is generally not good at timing sensitive tasks, so it might be easier to control the stepping through the SPI interface.

Another option might be our Tic 36v4 USB Multi-Interface High-Power Stepper Motor Controller, which has similar power characteristics and offers high-level interfaces like USB, TTL serial, and I²C. The Tic software has support for Raspberry Pi and we have some examples for writing your own code to control it in the Tic user’s guide.

I recommend reading through the product pages and resources for those two options and seeing if either of them sound appropriate for your application.

Brandon