Dead D24V5F5

So I have a D24V5F5 and after a few minutes, it stopped outputting voltage.
I checked with a multimeter, VOUT and GND are shorted. Is it toast or is there a way to fix it?
I’m comfortable with SMT soldering, if that’s something I will need to do to save it.
I’m assuming the ISL85415 let out it’s magic smoke by a accidental short between VOUT and GND or VIN and GND.

I think you have to proceed for claiming a replacement.

You could try replacing the regulator IC, but typically when something goes wrong with boards like this, the damage could propagate to other components, at which point it is probably easier to just replace the entire board.

We test every board, and since it worked for a few minutes, I’m concerned that something in your system might have damaged the regulator. So before you try replacing it, I think it would be a good idea to double check that your system is okay and that the regulator is appropriate for your application. Could you post more details about your system? What power source are you using and what load was connected to the regulator? Also, could you post pictures of your setup that show all of your connections, as well as close-up pictures of both sides of your problematic regulator?

Brandon