DC Motor drawing to much current

Hello,

I recently purchased a Pololu DC motor along with a DC motor driver linked below. I was working on a project where I needed to control the motor via Xbox 360 controller and have been able to get the motor running, but when I turn on the motor to spin via the controller button it disconnects the controller and resets the USB gaming receiver that I have linked below as well. I was using the libraries provided on the site Resouces in the Arduino IDE and am using an Arduino Mega to interface all the components. I have deduced this issue down to likely a power issue to where the motor is pulling too much current from the circuit. I was wondering if there was any advice or support I can get on the matter? Additional note I am powering the motor/motor driver via 14 V Battery, linked below.

https://www.amazon.com/Mcbazel-Wireless-Receiver-Microsoft-Xbox-360/dp/B076GZFLR3/ref=asc_df_B076GZFLR3/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459477373142&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10727433396218708069&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1013645&hvtargid=pla-592318771844&psc=1&mcid=04011ef00d5238fd94c34467bae67219&gclid=CjwKCAiAi6uvBhADEiwAWiyRdpdTIpZDNG3YNWcw1Lr9ePxUhDyF7HRQnKyu20DinlGzWZbgrhMTKRoClFsQAvD_BwE

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XK8WWX1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Hello.

From your description, my initial concern would also be a power issue. Either that, or your USB receiver could be having a problem with electrical noise on the line caused by the gearmotor. The most helpful step you could take would be to monitor the voltage on the power line with an oscilloscope to monitor what it’s doing when the USB receiver resets to get a clearer pictures of the issue.

If you don’t have access to an oscilloscope, you could try limiting the maximum duty cycle you’re sending to the motor and adding some acceleration limiting (i.e. speed ramping) to see if that helps.

Also, could you post some pictures of your setup that show all of your connections or a wiring diagram of your system?

Brandon