Customizing a fixed output regulator

Is it possible to replace the resistors on one of your switching step-down regulators (such as the D15V35F5S3) so that I can achieve output voltages other than 5 or 3.3V?

It appears that the output select pads simply connect to a voltage divider circuit, but I can’t be sure. All the other features of these regulators match my requirements, except that I need 6V and 4.5V. (I realize this particular regulator might not achieve 6V)

Rob

Hello.

Yeah, the voltage is adjustable by changing the voltage divider, but unfortunately, the upper limit is basically 5V (I think the real limit is maybe 5.5V or something like that).

Making a higher-voltage unit (using a fundamentally different MOSFET controller) is on our to-do list; is this something you want many of?

- Jan

Certainly. I had seen others requesting it. Aside from the obvious uses for 6V servos, there are many occasions (such as hacking 4-cell battery powered toys) when I could use such a power source.

Rob

I meant many as in at least a few hundred units that you would be ready to order soon. I know such a product would generally be useful, but we are working on several projects that we also think would be useful, so it would take a commitment from a customer to set those aside to work on the regulator.

Either way, what kind of specs (input voltage range, current, output voltage range, size) would you like at what target price?

- Jan