Controlling motors b y using Qik2s12v10 and Arduino

Hi,

I have a Qik2s12v10 motor controller and an Arduino controller.
I looked at the Pololu’s libraries and demo codes for using the Qik motor controller, and in it, it refers to digital pins 2, 3, and 4, for Tx, Rx, and Reset.
How can I replace them with Tx, Rx, and Reset pins available on the Arduino board?
Can I just say: PololuQik2s12v10 Qik(“Tx”, “Rx”, “Reset”)?
Right now the command is: PololuQik2s12v10 Qik(2, 3, 4);

Thanks.
Barmak

Hello.

It sounds like you’re talking about trying to use the hardware serial pins instead of software serial. Our Arduino library for the Qik controllers uses the Arduino SoftwareSerial library; it is not set up to use the hardware serial for communication.

If you don’t care about using hardware serial and just want to use different pins with the library, you can replace 2 and 3 with the pin numbers you want to use.

Please note that if your Arduino board has pins labeled TX and RX, that is referring to their hardware serial function, but the pin numbers associated those pins are different for each Arduino board (and some boards have multiple hardware serial ports available). Additionally, if you are using an Arduino variant that does not use an ATmega328P or ATmega168 (such as a Mega or Leonardo), the SoftwareSerial library can only use certain pins for RX. Please refer to Arduino’s SoftwareSerial library documentation for more information about this.

If you are still unsure of how to proceed, could you clarify what Arduino variant you’re using and post more information about what you’re trying to do (i.e. is there a reason you don’t want to use the Qik library’s default pins)?

Brandon

Thank you Brandon for the information.
They’re very helpful.

Good day,
Barmak