Controlling LEDs with Maestro 6?

Hi… I would like to use the maestro 6 in order to control the movement of some servos, as well as turn on a set of LEDs I have on and off with the push of the button. Can anyone offer advice on how I need to rig the LEDs to the board, as well as how I would program the LEDs to turn on and off with the push of a button, assuming the button is rigged to channel 0. Thanks.

Hello.

The Maestro User’s Guide explains how to connect LEDs in the “Attaching Servos and Peripherals” section. You would probably want to write an internal Maestro script to get the effect you want. The example script entitled “Using a button or switch to control servos” in the “Example scripts” will do most of what you want; it should work both with channels that are configured as servo outputs or channels that are configured as digital outputs which control LEDs.

–David

Oh wow, don’t know how I missed that section. I thought I combed through the entire manual. Thanks.

Another question. The signal line, is that powered by board power vice servo power?

The signal lines on each Maestro channel are connected to an I/O line of the microcontroller, so they can operate regardless of whether servo power is connected or not. There is a 220 Ohm resistor on each of those lines so they can not supply much current.

–David