Controlling 6 Electromagnets with Arduino+Pololu

Hello,

I am new to this forum and to electronics in general. I am trying to control 6 electromagnets with 3 Pololu Dual VNH5019 Motor Driver Shield and one arduino uno. The electromagnets have to follow the sequence described below:

I am using a 500 turn , 22 AWG copper wire and iron cored electromagnets. Each electromagnets runs at 3A and has a resistance of 3 ohms.

So my questions would be :

1. How to connect 3 Pololu Dual VNH5019 Motor Driver Shield to a single Arduino Uno? (like what pins to use and where to connect each motor driver)

2. How to program the Arduino Uno to achieve the magnet sequence?

Any advice and suggestions are welcomed .

Thanks.

Hello.

There are many ways everything could be connected in a system like that. You can find more information about how the state of the input pins on the VNH5019 control its outputs in Section 2.4 (“Waveforms and truth table”) of the VNH5019’s datasheet, which should give you a better idea of what you will need to do to run current in forward and reverse through the coils. The “Blink” Arduino tutorial provides a good introduction on how to toggle output pins on the Arduino, which you can use to control things like the inputs on the VNH5019 boards.

-Nathan