Continuous Rotation Servos and Mini Maestro

I have a question about the continuous rotation servos you sell and Mini Maestro.

If I use Mini Maestro to control a continuous rotation servo and say, set a target of 1600 microsoeconds, will the servo move - and then stop once it has reached 1600 microseconds (like a regular servo)?

Or do continuous rotation servos just keep on running until you give it a command to go in the other direction? For example, if 1500 microseconds is neutral, if you give it a command to go to any target that is greater than 1500, will it just keep on moving clockwise (as long as it can) until you give it a command to move to a target that is below 1500 (and then it will change directions and move counterclockwise until given a command to go to the opposite direction)? If that is the case, how do you get the servo to stop moving - by giving it a command to go to 1500?

I am just trying to get a better understanding of continuous rotation servos before I make my order. Thanks.

Hello.

Coincidentally enough, Jan just made a blog post about continuous rotation servos (he has a number of posts about servos that you might find interesting). I think this will give you all the information you’re looking for, but please ask if anything is still unclear.

- Ben

Ben,

Thanks - that blog post answers everything.