Compiling Wixel apps on the Mac, issues with putchar

I am interested in developing Wixel apps on my mac, but am having some trouble with the toolchain. I have installed sdcc without dificulty, sdcc -v reports "SDCC : mcs51/z80/z180/r2k/r3ka/gbz80/tlcs90/ds390/pic16/pic14/TININative/ds400/hc08/s08/stm8 3.8.0 #10562 (Mac OS X x86_64)”

I have downloaded the SDK from github but when I go to try to make all the apps by typing make while in the wixel-sdk-master folder I get an error from any app that implements the putchar() function:

Compiling apps/radio_sniffer/radio_sniffer.rel

apps/radio_sniffer/radio_sniffer.c:70: error 98: conflict with previous declaration of 'putchar' for attribute 'type' at /usr/local/bin/../share/sdcc/include/stdio.h:86

from type 'int function ( int fixed) fixed'

to type 'void function ( unsigned-char fixed) fixed'

make: *** [apps/radio_sniffer/radio_sniffer.rel] Error 1

I am perhaps having a path issue and there is a conflicting definition of putchar somewhere in the path? Any suggestions for getting around that greatly appreciated! Thank you!
James

Hello, James.

Recent versions of SDCC changed the type of the putchar function, so all code that defines putchar needs to be updated. I have just updated the Wixel SDK accordingly. Could you get the latest version and try again?

–David

Wonderful! Thank you! I downloaded the updates you just made and everything compiles again!