I installed the Pololu AVR Development Bundle yesterday evening and got snagged by a rather silly problem. During one point in the installation, the installer causes the browser to launch (Chrome for me) and display a help file about one of the components. No big deal except that the browser window hid the installation window and I thought the process had completed. I then started messing with stuff only to realize that I had hung the install. I then had force quit the installation program and uninstall the programs and then repeat the process.
So if the installer is ever updated, I would suggest that it prevent the launch of the browser window. It would also be helpful to provide a time estimate for the entire installation process. It does take some time and there are periods when you begin to wonder if the system has frozen.