1st of all: can anybody read the registration code? I got lucky eventually…
Ok … with that out the way.
Here is my CNC prototype:
- FEZ Panda (I think this is a great board. Besides C# you can actually run native code as well)
- stepper motors (Pololu item #: 1200)
- stepper drivers (Pololu item #: 1202)
- bluethooth to serial for communication to PC
- ATX power supply
- custom CAD CAM. I call it RedDot (orange lines are cutting paths)
Sorry the pictures aren’t better quality.
That is a very cool project, thank you for sharing it with us.
Did you write your own firmware for the FEZ Panda?
Yes I did.
It is made of 2 parts:
- C# takes care of communication with PC (handshake, break donw commands to PPS)
- C code a.k.a pulse generator (just generates pulses on X, Y, Z for a given frequency; it is simulated in code since all PWMs use the same clock on a FEZ)
The server (PC) and the FEZ ‘politely’ wait for a ‘ready’ signal after the initial handshake in order to avoid ‘buffer overruns’.