Cheapest but MOST effective Wireless Arduino Link

Hi!
I am planning for a wireless controlled robot project. What is most effective wireless link item for controlling using two Arduino uno. Not only does this have to be the most effective, but it also has to have the lowest cost. I need this project to be cost friendly. Also, the transmitter and receiver must be two parts only and can’t be like several parts like the xBee. I would say around maybe $15-$25 for two wireless parts would be reasonable in terms of cost friendliness.

I have researched that several different wireless transmitter and receiver signals can be easily disturbed by other surrounding signals (correct me if I am wrong).

[quote=“LightningAC1, post:1, topic:9780”]
Not only does this have to be the most effective, but it also has to have the lowest cost.
[/quote]It is impossible to satisfy that condition. You will have to trade off reliability with cost.

The only radios that are not easily disturbed by other radio signals are spread spectrum radios, and those are relatively expensive.

1 Like

Okay then, what would you suggest?
All advice is greatly appreciated!

The NRF24L01 modules have ACK/NACK error checking protocols and cost < $3.00 each on eBay.
Range is not great. Consider also the Wixel from Pololu, which is easier to use and has additional processing power besides. The Wixel could even be the robot controller.