Can't connect AVR programmer V2.1 to MacBook Pro

Hello! This is my first time using the programmer. I’ve downloaded and installed the software bundle described in the documentation. My laptop (macOS Ventura, 13.0) doesn’t have a standard USB port, so I’m using this multiport adapter to USB-C.

After plugging it in, the programmer’s green LED blinks quickly on and off, about once per second. When I try to connect via the configuration GUI utility, it shows a modal with the following message: “No programmer was found. Please verify that the programmer is connected to the computer via USB.”

I understand this means the programmer is powered but not receiving data. I’m certain my USB-C adapter is capable of transferring data over USB, as it works fine with other devices, e.g. external hard drives and audio interfaces. Does anyone else have this issue, or have any suggestions for what to try?

As you are using avr programmer v2.0 in a mac so it might require some libraries to run the avr boards.Better check out this link hope it will work:Pololu AVR C/C++ Library User’s Guide

Hello.

Did you verify that the USB Micro-B cable connecting the Pololu USB AVR Programmer v2.1 to your USB-C Digital AV Multiport adapter works with other devices and is capable of transferring data, not just power?

If you already confirmed the USB Micro-B cable is working as expected, can you run ioreg -p IOUSB -l -w 0 in the terminal and post the results here? Also, can you run dmesg right after plugging in Pololu USB AVR Programmer v2.1 and post the entire output as well?

- Amanda

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. It’s a great point and I hadn’t thought of the cable, but I don’t have any other devices to test this one with. I’ve ordered a proper data transfer cable and will report back when it arrives.

Thanks again,
Tom

The cable was the problem. I purchased this one and now it’s working perfectly. Thank you again!

2 Likes