Pololu Robotics & Electronics
Menu
My account Comments or questions? About Pololu Contact Ordering information Distributors

Pololu Forum

Can't compile for Wixel using the sdcc found in the dev bundle

I am trying to compile a hex file on a PC for a Wixel device that will be connected to an Arduino (Tx, Rx).

I have never compiled a C program on the PC (lots of C++ on Arduino, however) and the make command is giving me an error:

Compiling apps/dexdrip/dexdrip.rel

(null):2: syntax error: token -> ':' ; column 2
sdcpp.exe: fatal error: when writing output to : Invalid argument
make: *** [apps/dexdrip/dexdrip.rel] Error 1
You may now close this window.

I am absolutely clueless. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I am trying to make the hex code for a Wixel app. The source is mentioned in the Pololu forum:

The Wixel code for talking to the Dexcom radio transmitter can be found in the StephenBlackWasAlreadyTaken/wixel-xDrip repository on github.

I followed the instructions in the read.me file on the git, and when I ran make, I got this error:

Compiling apps/dexdrip/dexdrip.rel

(null):2: syntax error: token -> ':' ; column 2
sdcpp.exe: fatal error: when writing output to : Invalid argument
make: *** [apps/dexdrip/dexdrip.rel] Error 1
You may now close this window.

Any help getting this to compile would be appreciated.
(I have never compiled a C program on the PC).

I am sorry you are having trouble compiling the xDrip app. I tried compiling it on Windows just now using SDCC 3.1.0 (the version included in the Wixel development bundle) and it worked fine.

The compiler is indicating that there is a syntax error on line 2 of one of its input files, but unfortunately it is not telling us what input file that is. Normally there would be a filename at the beginning of the error message, but it just says (null) for you. Maybe one of the files in the wixel-xDrip repository got corrupted. If you download that repository again, and try compiling the freshly downloaded copy, does it fix the problem?

–David