Can I connect a remote control sensor to the duel VNH5019?

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to connect a receiver from a remote control onto this motor controller to use differential steering on my robot. Thanks!

Hi.

You could connect your R/C receiver to a microcontroller like an Arduino and have the Arduino decode the R/C signals. You could then have the Arduino control the Dual VNH5019 Motor Driver Shield based off of those signals.

If you want to control a motor driver directly from your R/C receiver, you might consider using a motor controller that accepts the R/C signals as inputs like our Simple Motor Controllers or our TreX Dual motor controllers.

-Derrill

I just ordered the VNH5019, so I guess I’ll hook up my remote directly to the Arduino. Do you have any idea where I can find the coding to put on my Arduino for the diff steering and to decode the RC signals?

I did a brief Google search and found a post on the Arduino forum that might be helpful.

That post should cover the basics of what you need. Decoding R/C signals is fairly common, so you might consider expanding the search if you don’t like that approach. After checking it out, if you are still having problems or need help with the differential steering aspect of it, you can post further questions here and we can try to help you out.

-Derrill