Cable for the Pololu micro serial servo controller

Hey all, long time programmer/IT guy, first time 'bot builder.

Sorry for such a ‘newby question’ but… I have looked and haven’t found the answer on my own.

Which com port pins do I use to connect to my new ‘Pololu micro serial servo controller’?

Or am I way off base, and need to get another piece?

I am hesitant on just hooking up the first tx pin from my com port to it, with out first asking, dont wanna fry my new toys.

Thanks,
–Matt
asdfmont at hotmail dot com

Hello,

You definitely do NOT want to just connect pins from your COM port to the micro motor controller. There is a simple circuit in the instructions for making the necessary inverter/level converter that requires just a transistor and a couple of resistors.

- Jan

hey jan, i didnt get the circuit diagram in the instructions for some reason. do you think you could send it to me? thanx.

Hello,

I misread the original post and was thinking of our micro motor controller. The micro servo controller has the circuit built-in, so you just need to connect the serial output from the computer (pin 3 on a DB9 serial connector) to the RS-232 input on the servo controller (and connect the ground line).

If you just want that circuit, take a look at the micro motor controller instructions.

- Jan