Buttonmonitor Zomo robot

i am unable to find the library that contains ’ buttonmonitor ’ i have downloaded all the libraries i thought please help i am new to the Zumo robot … thank you for your help I am unable to run the Zumo Demo

Hello.

It sounds like you’re looking at the Demo example code for the Zumo 32U4 library and are under the impression that buttonMonitor() is a library function. The buttonMonitor function is not a library function; it is a function in the Demo example code and is defined above setup().

- Amanda

this is the exact error i get.

Arduino: 1.6.6 (Windows 7), Board: “Pololu A-Star 32U4”

WARNING: Category ‘’ in library ArduinoUnit is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
Build options changed, rebuilding all
C:\Users\Lexi\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Zumo32U4\examples\Demo\Demo.ino: In member function ‘void Menu::select()’:
Demo:63: error: ‘buttonMonitor’ was not declared in this scope
switch (buttonMonitor())
^
exit status 1
’buttonMonitor’ was not declared in this scope
This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

Another member on our forum got the same error message when trying to run the Demo example code using Arduino 1.6.6. Please see my response and solution to that issue in this thread.

We have heard of others having trouble using Arduino 1.6.6. You might consider upgrading to Arduino 1.6.7, which would also fix the problem.

- Amanda

Amanda,

I saw your reply and your fix regarding buttonMonitor(), which solved an issue I just ran into, but wanted to let you now that this same issue continues to be a problem in 1.6.7.

Thanks!

Jerry

Hello, Jerry.

You are correct; thank you for letting us know. I just tried compiling the Demo.ino sketch in Arduino 1.6.7 and got the same error message too. (It is possible that I compiled the Demo code with the function prototype defined. I am sorry for the mistake.) I modified my previous post.

- Amanda

I’m just happy that you had taken the time to track it down and fix this very minor bug so I didn’t have to. Being very new to the libraries and classes it may have taken me a while.

I’m also impressed with how closely the people at Pololu monitor these forums. A lot of companies are slow to answer questions once the sale has been made. Because of Pololu’s reputation for quality I’ve been buying voltage regulators for multirotor flight controllers from you for quite a while. I recently purchased the Zumo kit and was impressed enough that I’ve begun buying other components from you that I’ve purchased from China in the past.