Battery for Mini Maestro 12-Channel USB Servo Controller

Hello! I am sorry for the basic question, but I am very new to all this. I just purchased the Mini Maestro 12-Channel USB Servo Controller to run an animatronic bird I hope to make. I am unclear how to hook up a battery to the board, and which battery to get that provides the most runtime. Any guidance you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks!

JonnyVermont

Hello, JonnyVermont.

I am sorry you are finding that confusing. If you have not already see it, the “Powering the Maestro” section of the Maestro’s user’s guide shows several different options for powering the Maestro and servo power rail.

Batteries that have a higher Ah rating will last longer. For the Maestro and most servos, I suggest about a 6V battery pack. You can find more information about battery capacity in this “Understanding battery capacity: Ah is not A” blog post.

-Derrill

Thank you so much for your answer! So, I see I need one of these battery packs, but I am still confused on which one I should choose:

6.0 V 200mAh
6.0, 900mAh
6.0V 350mAh.

How do I know which one to choose? I will be powering 6 servos.

Thanks!

The 2200mAh battery packs on that category page are the longest lasting packs 6V packs we carry. Please note, you will need a charging system to charge those NiMH packs. You might find other retailers that have battery packs with larger mAh ratings.

-Derrill