Baby Orangutan B-328 Robot Controller with Magnetic Encoder Pair Kit for Micro Metal Gearmotors, 12 CPR, 2.7-18V

Buen día!!

Tengo un dilema ya que compre productos para hacer un seguidor de linea, aquí un listado a grandes rasgos:

-Baby Orangutan B-328 Robot Controller - POLOLU
-QTR-8RC Reflectance Sensor Array - POLOLU
-5:1 Micro Metal Gearmotor HP 6V - POLOLU
-Magnetic Encoder Pair Kit for Micro Metal Gearmotors, 12 CPR, 2.7-18V - POLOLU
-Voltage Regulator S18V20ALV - POLOLU

Pero veo que para utilizar los encoder magnéticos es necesario utilizar pines de interrupción, claro esto no es obligatorio pero si es muy recomendable, estos pines de interrupción el ATMEGA328 los tiene en los pines PD2 y PD3 y aquí es donde empieza mi dilema ya que el baby orangutan utiliza el pin PD3 para el Puente H que tiene integrado y eso solo me deja un pin de interrupción disponible para poder conectar los encoders y mi pregunta es: ¿Debo cambiar el baby orangutan por otro microcontrolador? o mejor no uso los encoder ¿Qué es mas recomendable?

Hello.

Welcome to our forum! Unfortunately, our technical support staff can only respond in English. If you can communicate in English, please repost your description of the issue and questions so that we can help you resolve the problem.

- Amanda

I have a dilemma that can include products to make a line follower, here is a rough list:
-Baby Orangutan B-328 Robot Controller - POLOLU
-QTR- 8RC Reflectance Sensor Set - POLOLU
-5: 1 Micro Metal Gearmotor HP 6V - POLOLU
-Magnetic Encoder Pair Kit for Micro Metal Gearmotors, 12 CPR, 2.7-18V - POLOLU
-Voltage Regulator S18V20ALV - POLOLU
But I see that to use the magnetic encoder it is necessary to use interruption pins, of course this is not obligatory but it is highly recommended, these ATMEGA328 interruption pins have them in pines PD2 and PD3 and this is where I have my dilemma since the baby orangutan use the pin PD3 for the bridge H that has integrated and that only leaves me an interruption pin available to connect the encoders and my question is: Should I change the orangutan baby for another microcontroller? or better not use the encoders. What is more advisable?

Hello.

5:1 is a pretty fast gear ratio for line following, and you may find it very difficult to control. I recommend starting with a slower ratio. The example code we have in the “Pololu Wheel Encoder Functions” section of the Pololu AVR C/C++ Library User’s Guide suggests using PC2, PC3, PC4, and PC5 for the encoder connections. Those pins and the code should work with the Baby Orangutan if you remove the LCD code.

Grant