B-Orangutan

I’m sorry to hear that you continue to have problems. In an earlier post you said you had it working. Can you explain how you verified that it was working? For example, were you able to read the Baby Orangutan’s device signature? How long was it working before your computer stopped recognizing the programmer? What was the last thing you did before it stopped working?

- Ben

When I installed the drivers Plugged it in and ran the setup utility and the slowprobe.
and those programs worked. Now they say they can’t find the device. Even though I was having cable problems the programs were still able to find the programmer.
Now they can’t.

I understand that you were originally able to talk to your programmer. My question is: what led you to write several posts up “Thank you very much. I got i working, now I just need to program it!”? I took this to mean that you connected your programmer to the Baby Orangutan via the two servo cables and were able to interact with it in some way. Is this the case? If so, how did you verify that your custom cable was connected properly.

Also, please answer my other questions from my previous post:

How long was it working before your computer stopped recognizing the programmer? What was the last thing you did before it stopped working?

- Ben

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. Once the red led stopped flashing I assumed the problem was resolved.I was wrong, but I do believe the cable issue has been fixed.

It seemed to be working until I tried to get it working with the Arduino IDE.

Now I can’t get my Arduino to upload either. I just don’t know where to start looking.

My suspicion is that you damaged the programmer by plugging it into the Baby Orangutan incorrectly. Can you try plugging it into a different USB port on your computer (with nothing else connected to the programmer)? Also, do you have another A-to-mini-B USB cable you can try using in case the problem is with your cable?

- Ben