AVR Programmer 2.1 not detected

Hi,

I have an AVR Programmer 2.1 and instaled pololu-usb-avr-programmer-win-121114.exe on WIndows 10.0.19042. USB AVR Programmer Configuration says “No Pololu USB AVR Programmer detected”. I can see “Pololu USB AVR Programmer v2.1” in the Device Manager under “Universal Serial Bus devices” and two new USB ports, although these are just “USB Serial Device” not as decribed in the documentation. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without the device connected and right-clicking the inf file and installing the driver that way. The mechanisn described in the documentation for updating the USB ports in section 3a of the documentation doesn’t work for me.

Can you help?

Thanks.

It sounds like you are trying to use our newer AVR Programmer 2.1 with the software from our older AVR programmer. The newer v2.1 programmer is not compatible with the older software; it has its own. You can find instructions for downloading and installing the USB AVR Programmer v2 Configuration Utility for the various supported operating systems in the “Getting started” section of the AVR Programmer v2 user’s guide.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Yes, that’s fixed it. Thanks very much for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like