ATmega328 versus A-Star 32U4?

hi,
I’m a beginner, and very frustrated; I try to program a Zumo robot (the kit with the ZumoShield) via an Arduino board UNO R3, on the Arduino IDE 1.8.0, Win7.
I added the Pololu libraries to the examples of the IDE; so when I want to load any or the full set of libraries on the UNO board, it communicates normally but it keeps showing the same error:

C:\Users\francesco music\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Zumo32U4/Zumo32U4.h:13:2: error: #error “This library only supports the ATmega32U4. Try selecting A-Star 32U4 in the Boards menu.”
** #error “This library only supports the ATmega32U4. Try selecting A-Star 32U4 in the Boards menu.”**

** ^**

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Consider that I don’t find in the Boards’ menu any reference to A-star 32U4, nor I find references on the web about how to add such board to the options of the IDE. The programmer I tried out are AVRISP mkII and AVR ISP
Thank you for any help.
Francesco

Hello, Francesco.

It looks like you are using the Zumo 32U4 library. That library and its examples are for the Zumo 32U4 Robot.

The Zumo robot for Arduino libraries and examples can be found on the zumo-shield’s GitHub page, which is linked in its user’s guide as well as under the “Resources” tab on any of its product pages.

- Amanda

thank you: quick and clear.
I don’t know why I was insisting with the 32u4 library; now I’ll struggle
to get the proper one at its place.
Francesco