Arduino CNC Shield

I have the Arduino Uno R3 and the Arduino CNC Shield, a converted computer power supply with 12 volts, 3 stepper motors, 1 X axis and 2 Y axis, used on a DIY Laser Engraver Project in process.
My question is: how do I hook the 2 Y motors to move together to move X axis forward and back? I have jumpered the pins in the clone area of the shield in Y position and plugged the 2nd motor into the A driver. The A controller motor does not move, x moves and the other Y motor moves. I have 0.40 DC Volts running off each driver. So am I doing something wrong, hook up wrong, Stumped.
Thanks for the help, Oh, I’m new to this. .The drivers are 4988

This post did not appear to be related to the original thread, so I moved it to a new topic. Can you post pictures that show the drivers and any connections you made, including soldered connections? Also, for questions about how to connect and configure motors or drivers to your shield, you might ask the shield manufacturer.


Thank You nathanb.: I am experianceing issues with my stepper motors. it seems as tho they donot have enough torque to move my X and Y axis. I have a computer power supply, Arduino R3 and CNC Shield. I ca get them to make noise but they sound like grinding when I try to move them. I have checked all connections several times, one thing is that X and Y axis seem to move sluggishly when I move them by hand, if I remove the drive belts the run smooth. I have the belts tight and they don’t seem to be slipping and the shafts only move ever so slightly.
thanks for the help

I will get some pics to you

Well, after pouring over my project and looking very deep into the design. I have discovered a major flaw in the building of the engraver. Not sure if I miss interpreted what I saw or just plain missed it. When I was working with the wheels I found the would not go into the rail slots so in my infinite wisdom filed down about .010 of the material on the two edges thus making the slot wider, not what I should have done. Now the wheels fit into the groove but with the timing belt in the groove it made the carriage drag and there fore the motors to stall. So I began looking very close at similar designs and found that the wheels go ON TOP of the groove. I guess in my excitement I just blew over that issue. Now I must re build the unit to accommodate this change.

Hello, Bruce.

Thanks for letting us know. I am glad to hear you found the problem.