ACS711EX Max Voltage Arduino

I need to detect the AMPs of 0 - 24 volts. I know that for each amp a voltage is returned that the Arduino will detect via an analog read. I believe that the Max voltage the Arduino can handle is 5v. Can I use the ACS711EX sensor or another sensor for this? The max amps would be about 20 amps. The load input would be from a slot car track which is about 12-14 volts

Please advise

Hello.

It sounds like the ACS711EX Current Sensor Carrier -31A to +31A could work for your application. The load connections (IP+ and IP-) on our Allegro current sensors are electrically isolated from the rest of the sensor pins. For your application, you could connect Vcc and GND on the sensor to the 5V and GND pins on the Arduino and the OUT pin on the sensor to whichever analog pin on the Arduino you wish to use. Because you are powering the sensor with 5V from the Arduino, the sensor output will never exceed 5V.

-Nathan

Thank you. I will order one. I am local Vegas, so purchasing from you is fast and easy with no shipping costs.

Is there a way to get the load voltage, using the sensor, or do I have to have a separate circuit
using a voltage divider. The volts would be 0-20 volts

Hello.

There is no way to measure the voltage across a load with a variable resistance using this sensor. You would need a separate circuit like a voltage divider to do that.

-Nathan