8 Servo, Micro SSC C Code

I am uning a Linux machine. I am trying to write a simple program that will send commands to two servos. First I want to test the controller out and see how it works. Does anyone have a simple C code that sends commands to a servo or continuous servo. I need something to build on. Thank You.

Hello,

I suggest that you take a look at this project: https://www.pololu.com/docs/0J4?view_all=1. It’s straightforward to get the whole application running under Linux, or you can take out the C part alone and use that to make a C-only program.

Let me know if you need any help with it.

-Paul

I have already looked at the code. I am have issues compiling the code. Do I need to use kermit or minicom to send to the SSC.

Corry

You don’t need to use kermit or minicom, and I don’t actually know how you would enter the non-ascii bytes needed for the SSC commands into either of those programs. If you let me know what you’re having trouble with, I can help you out. It’s probably an issue having to do with the Tcl/tk libraries and header files; if they are installed in a different place from what the code expects, it will not compile without some changes.
-Paul

Paul

When I type make I get the following error:

[root@localhost cpmurphy]# cd Pololu_ssc/
[root@localhost Pololu_ssc]# make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
[root@localhost Pololu_ssc]#

When you unpack the zip file, it makes a directory called “ssc-tester”. The Makefile is in there. Please take a look at the files in that directory and make sure your copy is complete, then try make again, from that directory.
-Paul