6 channel micro maestro with IR remote control

Hey there, I control 2 servo motors with 3 buttons (one for each sequences) I was wondering if I can control my servos with an IR remote control?! If yes, how do I do this and what do I need for? Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Markus

Hello.

I moved your post to the “Servo controllers and servos” section of the forum since it seemed more appropriate.

The Maestro does not have any built-in support for reading IR signals. In general, IR signals from a IR remote like the Mini IR Remote we carry can be detected using something like the 38kHz Vishay TSOP38438 IR Receiver Module, but they need to be decoded first to determine which button was pressed, and it would not be practical to use a receiver like that with the Maestro.

We do not have a device that is explicitly intended for decoding those signals, but you might consider using an Arduino or one of our Arduino-compatible A-Star controllers, which could work with something like this IRremote library. You could then send serial signals from the Arduino to the Maestro. If you decide to go with this option, you can also use our Maestro Servo Controller library for Arduino to make that communication easier.

Brandon