3x analog inputs to 3x servos

Could I ask a question of the coders out there?

I have a project where I need 3x analog inputs controlling 3x servos, and i am wondering if this is possible with a Maestro 6, or if I need to try some other config?

I was thinking of using 3x Sharp distance sensors GP2Y0A60SZ, on ports 0,1 & 2 of a Maestro 6. Then having each single input controlling a single servo connected to ports 3, 4 & 5. The servos do not need a massive amount fo movement. Now, all 3x channels need to run simultaneously.

So, my question is do you think this is possible with a Maestro 6? Or, would I be better off with another solution? Just thought I would do a bit of research before diving in.

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Hello, Andy.

It should be fine to use 3 analog inputs with the 6-channel Micro Maestro to control 3 servos

I am not sure if you had a particular GP2Y0A60SZ carrier in mind (we carry different versions), but our 5V version is probably most appropriate for the Maestro. Please note that the recommended operating voltage for this 5V version is 2.7V to 5.5V. Since most standard servos have an operating voltage range of 4.8V to 6V, you could probably use a 5V supply to power all of the sensors and your servos. Alternatively, if you want to power the servos from a higher voltage, you might consider powering either the servos or the sensors separately from the Maestro power rail (making sure to still have a common ground).

By the way, if you are not already familiar with Maestro scripting, I recommend using the “Using an analog input to control servos” example found in the “Example Scripts” section of the Maestro user’s as a starting point.

-Brandon

Many thanks Brandon,

I was looking at a 5v solution and a common power supply would be ideal.

Andy