3pi Ground Clearance

Hello,

I am interested in buying the 3pi for a project. One of the obstacles that is part of this project is having the robot climb a ramp that is 12" long at an incline of 30 degrees with respect to the ground. My concern is that the 3pi doesn’t have enough clearance to ascend the ramp. Could someone with a 3pi possibly test this out for me? Thank you.

Hello,

How is your ramp made? Is there a really sharp corner with both sides going in perfectly straight, or is there a bit of a curve where the angle changes? If there is a sharp angle, is there an accompanying step (e.g. from the thickness of the new material)?

- Jan

The ramp is going to be made out of thin plexiglass, resting in astroturf. It will be just a straight piece of plexiglass, no curve, at an angle of 30 degrees from the ground. Thanks.

To be more clear, it is a plateau type ramp. That is, 2 sides as I have described above connected by another piece of 12" long plexiglass as the plateau piece. Hope this clarifies.

I don’t think it will make it. I’m not even sure it could run on astroturf.

- Jan

Is there anyway someone could verify this for me, maybe by trying to run it on carpet? Any help is much appreciated.

Hello,

I’ve run my 3pi on pretty flat carpet and it seems to do okay. Not as well as it does on flat, hard surfaces.

- Ryan