3 D Printer Build

Oh yes I am building a 3d printer. I have a K2CNC Gantry router and, I’m putting on a Rockcliff Spider Extruder Head. I am attempting to build it as a modular accessory so I can switch to a spindle when I need a router.
What I need advise on is this, I have an MK1 heat bed and borosillicate glass for the heated bed, and for power a 12v dc 30A supply. Question, what do I need to regulate the temperature between the power supply and the bed plate?.
I know I must use 12awg wire but do I just wire it direct or is there something in between?
This question is simple but I have it on many forums and I haven’t had a response that answers the question!
Question, what do I need to regulate the temperature between the power supply and the bed plate?.

Hello.

Your project sounds like an interesting build. You might be able to control the heated bed with a transistor, temperature sensor, and microcontroller. The system would then be operated similarly to how a thermostat works (on when you want it warmer, and off when the platform reaches the target temperature). You might get a better discussion of this topic if you try asking on a forum dedicated to 3D printers like the RepRap forum.

- Grant