298:1 Micro Metal Gearmotor HP w/ Magnetic Encoder

Hi, can someone help me as i am totally new to this. I would like to use 298:1 Micro Metal Gearmotor HP w/ Magnetic Encoder and connect it to my arduino board but i don’t know how to connect it. Can someone send me the schematic diagram as a guide for me?

In addition, i would like to request for the valid code that runs on the arduino to measure the distance that the robot move how far.

Sincerely appreciate from your help

Hello.

You can read about how to connect to the magnetic encoder board under the “Pinout and installation” section of the encoder’s product page. If, after reading through the section, things are unclear, please let me know specifically what it is you do not understand and I can try to help.

As for Arduino code, you can get started by reviewing the encoder libraries that are available under the Reading Rotary Encoders Arduino web page.

-Jon

thanks for the connection.

As for Arduino code, reviewing the encoder libraries are unavailable under the Reading Rotary Encoders Arduino. the page is not found.

By the way, 298:1 Micro Metal Gearmotor HP w/ Magnetic Encoder is rotary encoder or quadrature encoder?

This first link under “Libraries” works fine for me. Those magnetic encoders are incremental rotary encoders, which produce quadrature outputs.

-Jon